Evaporative Cooling to Refrigerated Air Conversion Service in Albuquerque, NM
Evaporative coolers (or swamp coolers) are handy appliances that can help keep you cool in the summer heat. But when it comes to reliable performance, refrigerated air is generally the better choice. If you’re looking to switch your swamp cooler out for a central air conditioning system, our technicians at Rocketman Plumbing can handle the installation for you.
Call us at (505) 243-1227 today and we’ll get your air conversion done in a flash.
The Pros and Cons of a Swamp Cooler
Before you decide to switch, you should understand the differences between swamp coolers and refrigerated air so that you can make the best decision for your home.
- They are energy efficient.
- They draw fresh air from outside.
- They add moisture to the air.
- They work great in dry climates like Albuquerque.
- They don’t filter the air.
- They don’t work well in high humidity, like the rainy season.
- They only reduce indoor temps by 15 degrees.
If you don’t mind it getting warmer in the summer, then you might be alright keeping your swamp cooler instead of switching to refrigerated air. However, there are some nice benefits to making the switch that you should know about before you make your final choice.
The Pros and Cons of Refrigerated Air
When it comes to staying cool in the summer heat, refrigerated air is the reigning champion. Here are some of the pros and cons of using a refrigerated air conditioning system:
- A working A/C will keep you cool no matter how hot it gets outside.
- It works in any climate and any type of weather.
- Standard filtration systems can improve the air quality in your home by removing pollutants such as dust and pollen.
- It is much easier to maintain than dealing with swamp cooler repairs.
- You can have a combination air conditioner and heater in one unit.
- It does use more energy than a swamp cooler, so your electric bill may go up.
- If you don’t already have ductwork in your home, you will need to get it installed along with your new air conditioner.
Overall, refrigerated air conditioning is the preferred choice for many people because it is faster, more reliable, and colder than swamp coolers.
If you’re curious about the cost and time it would take to switch your house over to refrigerated air, or if you want to know what kind of air conditioner you would need to get, call Rocketman Plumbing at (505) 243-1227. We can walk you through the process and give you a free estimate of time and cost to switch your home to refrigerated air.
Call Rocketman Plumbing to Schedule Your Air System Switch
When you are ready to make the switch from an evaporative air cooling system to a refrigerated air system, call Rocketman Plumbing. Our expert technicians will take care of all aspects of your switch, including:
- Uninstalling your old swamp cooler
- Disposing of your old swamp cooler for you
- Getting ducts installed in your home, if needed
- Installing your new air conditioning system
- Answering any questions you have about the new system
We take pride in getting the job done right, so you can rest assured that your air cooling system will run smoothly for you all summer long with proper maintenance. We can also advise you on the size and type of air conditioner that would be best for you based on the size of your home and other factors.
Call us at (505) 243-1227 to schedule your switch from evaporative cooling to refrigerated air today.