Toilet Repair and Replacement in Albuquerque, NM
If your toilet is clogged or broken, our technicians at Rocketman Plumbing can get it up and running again in no time. We’re available 24/7 to fix your plumbing issues so you and your family can get back to doing what you love.
Call us at (505) 243-1227 today, and we’ll head out to your home right away to take care of your broken toilet.
Understanding How Your Toilet Works
It’s important to understand how your toilet works in order to figure out what part of it is not working properly. Your toilet’s tank has several parts that all work together to flush waste into the pipes and refill the toilet with clean water.
- The handle is attached to a lever and chain inside your toilet tank. When you flush the toilet, it lifts the chain.
- This chain is connected to a flapper or stopper that keeps your flush valve covered.
- When the flapper lifts off the flush valve, the water in the tank empties out into the toilet bowl.
- The speed and pressure of the incoming water pushes the waste down and flushes it away into your pipes.
- When the tank is empty, the flapper covers the flush valve again and your tank refills with clean water.
Common Toilet Problems
There are several common issues that can cause your toilet to stop working properly. Some of these you may be able to fix on your own, but you can always call us to get fast, expert repairs done right the first time.
- The water in the tank is constantly fillingThe flapper in your tank may not securely cover the flush valve, so the water in the tank will keep leaking down into the bowl and make the tank constantly refill. You may need a new flapper or an entirely new flush valve assembly.
- The toilet is leakingYou could have leaks where the water supply connects to your toilet, where the tank connects to the bowl, underneath your toilet, or at the water supply valve. Any of these connections may need to be tightened, or your supply line may need to be replaced.
- You have a clogIf your toilet is clogged, you can try using a plunger to clear it. If that doesn’t clear it up, you may have a clog deeper in your pipes that needs a professional fix.
- The toilet won’t flush, or won’t flush completelyThe water level in your tank may not be high enough to completely flush away the waste. This can be adjusted to allow the tank to fill up more by following the manufacturer’s instructions for your toilet model.
- The handle is loose or doesn’t come back up after you flushYour flush valve assembly or any one part of it may need to be replaced. This could be the handle, the lever, the chain, or the flapper that covers your flush valve.
These are a few common issues that you may have with your toilet. Our technicians at Rocketman Plumbing can handle all of these issues and get your toilet running properly again.
When You Might Need to Replace Your Toilet
In general, your toilet should work well for about 25 years. Many people don’t actually know how old their toilet is, but there are a few signs you can look out for to know when you might need to get it replaced.
- Cracks in the bowl or tank, which can break and flood your bathroom
- Frequent clogging, which can happen in older toilets
- It needs frequent repairs that would cost more time and money than simply replacing the toilet
You may also want to replace your toilet to upgrade to a low-flush design. Older toilets need between three and five gallons of water for a single flush, whereas newer ones can get the job done with about two gallons of water. Over time, the switch to a low-flush toilet can save you money on your water bill.
Call Rocketman Plumbing for All Your Toilet Needs
Our technicians at Rocketman Plumbing are ready to handle your toilet repairs or replacement. If you are experiencing any problems with your toilet, call us right away. We have the tools and experience to get your toilet up and running again so you don’t have to worry about it.
Call us at (505) 243-1227 today.